Let’s celebrate the Year of the Dog with informative and fun dog training classes!
Embark Pet Care will provide free dog training classes to residents residing in the City of Sydney’s local government area and surrounding suburbs.
Over the 3-week course you’ll learn to train and manage your dog in a variety of situations using best practice training methods. If you want to understand your dog better and wish to have a well-mannered canine citizen that’s a pleasure to take places, then treat yourself and your pup to reward-based training sessions.
Week 1: Sat 17 Feb or Sun 18 Feb 2018
Week 2: Sat 24 Feb or Sun 25 Feb 2018
Week 3: Sat 3 Mar or Sun 4 Mar 2018
Classes run from 8:30-9:30 a.m. or from 10:00-11:00 a.m.
Nuffield Park, Ascot Avenue, Zetland NSW 2017 (located off Hutchinson Walk)
- for dogs over 4 months of age, no upper age limit – anyone can learn a new trick!
- dogs must be fully vaccinated and up-to-date with flea and worming treatment
- max. 10 dogs/class with 2 Delta Institute accredited dog behavioural trainers
- family members are encouraged to attend (kids under 12 need to be supervised by a responsible adult other than the handler)
- dogs must wear a flat collar with an ID tag (NSW Companion Animals Act 1998 requirement)
- no choke/check chains permitted
What to bring
- your dog 🙂 and other family members
- cotton woven or leather lead, no chain or retractable leads permitted in class
- your dog’s vaccination certificate
- soft food treats cut into small pieces (roast chicken, cheese, Chunkers, Devon cubes)
- treatbag (will make your life easier)
- enclosed footwear and sun protection (slip, slap, slop)
- mat for your dog (bath mat, blanket, towel)
- camping chair or blanket for yourself
- positive attitude!
Classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Bookings are essential – please use the online application form below.
Photo source: Pexels