For those enrolled in the mindDog program (psychiatric assistance dogs)
Bea Labady (CPDT MDI) is one of the handful mindDog approved trainers in the Brisbane metro area helping pet parents prepare their dogs for the mindDog Public Access Test.
If you’re unsure if your dog is suitable for the program, please get in touch with mindDogs directly.
Once you’re accepted to the program, your mindDog assessor will connect you with a mindDog trainer and you have about 12 months to prepare for the Public Access Test.
preparing for the public access test
Training is quite straightforward with clear requirements your dog needs to perform in order to pass the Public Access Test. The 3, 6 and 9 monthly training reports set the guidelines you will work towards with your trainer (see more details here). You will receive ongoing email and phone support between training sessions.
mindDog training starts with an assessment where we assess your dog’s training needs and write up a training plan. The first appointment takes place in your home and usually lasts about 1.5 hours.
As the primary trainer for your dog, you will need to know how dogs learn and how to teach them using positive reinforcement, so the first lesson includes some theory…
You will receive a personalised and detailed training report after the initial assessment including homework. After that, we will work out a time that suits for the next visit to start working towards the 3 monthly goals.
- initial assessment costs $160 including a detailed written training plan (please note, travel fees may apply if you live outside the Western Suburbs)
- subsequent lessons cost $75 (30 min*), $100 (45 min), $120 (60 min) or $160 (1.5 hrs) including written training updates/homework
- no travel surcharge in the following suburbs: Auchenflower, Bardon, Brookfield, Chapel Hill, Chelmer, Fig Tree Pocket, Graceville, Indooroopilly, Jindalee, Kenmore, Kenmore Hills, Mt Ommaney, Pinjarra Hills, Pullenvale, Sherwood, Sinnamon Park, St Lucia, Taringa, Toowong
- small extra travel fee outside the above suburbs – please call or email for a quote
- (*) 30 minute sessions available only in the following suburbs: Chapel Hill, Indooroopilly, Kenmore and Kenmore Hills
- SPECIAL PREPAID PACKAGE OFFER: $550 for 5 x 1 hr private lessons (must be used within 6 months of purchase)
get in touch
To book an initial assessment with Bea, please fill in the below application from. For more information, get in touch: