A thorough approach to address problem behaviours from pre-assessment to follow-up
Who is it for?
Anyone who thinks their dog has problem behaviours. The aim of this program is to help pet parents have a better understanding and handling skills of their dogs. Three home visits, a total of three hours of face-to-face consultation and training plus a customised training and management plan means setting pets and their guardians up for successful behavioural modification.
What is included?
- FREE pre-assessment of the behaviour/training issue(s) to be addressed (about an hour)
- one hour in-home consultation with immediate management and training advice
- detailed and personalised written management and training plan emailed within two business days of initial consultation
- FREE phone and email support for the duration of the program
- one hour follow-up visit within a month of the initial consultation
- tweaking the plan if needed (for the same problem)
- additional training sessions can be added
What is the difference?
- professional advice from a qualified dog behavioural trainer using best practice training methods based on science
- long-term solution instead of quick fixes (which might not only be unrealistic and unethical, but potentially dangerous to the community)
- no out-dated and aversive training methods such as choke chains or shock collars, which often exacerbates the underlying problem
- a complete package including a thorough assessment, three hours of one-on-one consultation and training along with a written management and training plan
- special focus on rescue dogs – during my years working in a large animal shelter, I helped rehabilitate dogs with a wide range of problem behaviours and am able to help owners manage and retrain their rescue dogs
How much does it cost?
- price varies based on individual needs
- free pre-assessment within the following council areas: Burwood, Canada Bay, Cumberland, Hunters Hill, Inner West, Lane Cove, Parramatta, Ryde, Strathfield and Willoughby
- small extra travel fee outside the above council areas