If you need help with a behaviour problem (e.g. dog-to-dog interactions, leash reactivity, excessive digging or barking, resource guarding)
Who is it for?
Anyone who thinks their dog has problem behaviours such as excessive barking, dog reactivity, shyness, fearfulness, you name it. The consultation includes a thorough assessment of the problem behaviour(s), one-on-one training plus a customised training and management plan.
What is included?
- in-home assessment and consultation (approx. 1.5 hrs) with immediate management and training advice
- detailed and personalised written management and training plan
- professional advice from a qualified dog behavioural trainer (CPDT) using best practice force-free training methods
- long-term solution instead of quick fixes (which might not only be unrealistic and unethical, but potentially dangerous)
- absolutely no out-dated and aversive training methods such as choke chains or shock collars (which often exacerbate the underlying problem)
How much does it cost?
- initial in-home consultation costs $220 (1.5 hrs)
- follow-up training costs $120 (1 hr) or $100 (45 min)
|Initial Assessment + one Follow-up Lesson (1 x 45 min)||$280 (|
|Initial Assessment + two Follow-up Lessons (2 x 45 min)||$360 (|
|Initial Assessment + three Follow-up Lessons (3 x 45 min)||$440 (|
- the amount of additional lessons depend on individual needs
- the outcome depends on the dog’s previous life experiences, learning history and how well the guardians are able to manage the problem behaviour and implement the recommendations
- no travel fee within the following suburbs: Auchenflower, Bardon, Brookfield, Chapel Hill, Chelmer, Fig Tree Pocket, Graceville, Indooroopilly, Jindalee, Kenmore, Kenmore Hills, Milton, Mt Ommaney, Paddington, Pinjarra Hills, Pullenvale, Red Hill, Rosalie, Sinnamon Park, St Lucia, Taringa, Tennyson, Toowong
- small extra travel fee outside the above suburbs – please call or email for a quote
If your dog has bitten before
If your dog has caused injury to a human or other animal, please contact a Registered Specialist in Veterinary Behavioural Medicine or a Behaviour Veterinarian with credentials MANZCVS (Veterinary Behaviour), who are veterinarians have further qualifications in animal behaviour.
To book a behavioural consultation, please fill in the application from below so we get a better understansing of you and your dog’s needs.