Leaving pets in their home can be less stressful than taking them to daycare or a boarding kennel.
Who is it for?
For pet owners who work long hours a day and need someone to take care of their pets during the day or if they are away from home for a few days.
For dogs with behavioural concerns (fearfulness, reactivity, anxiety), who are not suited to group walks. As a behavioural trainer, I can recognise the signs and manage “special needs dogs” to avoid triggering them on walks.
What is included?
- visiting your pet in your home
- one-on-one walkies, playtime, attention, exercise and mental stimulation – whatever makes your beloved pet happy
- individual attention – no group walks
- max. 2 dogs per walk from the same household (no extra charge for second dog)
- feeding and changing water, cleaning up after petsdog walking or playing fetch at home, cuddling with the cat (if they like it) – the service is customised to individual needs
- administering medication as needed (no extra charge)
- other ad hoc duties such as collecting mail or watering plants
- training can be added the to the visit (additional fee applies)
What is the difference?
There are an abundance of dog minders who operate with no formal qualifications, relevant experience or business insurance. I have extensive experience caring for all sorts of companion animals, received pet first aid training and have both public liability and professional indemnity insurance. For more mental and physical stimulation for your furry friend, I could also combine pet minding with training sessions to offer more benefits for you and your pet while you are away.
How much does it cost?
- $30 (30 min), $40 (45 min) or $50 (1 hour) home visit
- suburbs serviced: Auchenflower, Bardon, Chapel Hill, Chelmer, Fig Tree Pocket, Indooroopilly, Jindalee, Kenmore, Kenmore Hills, Mt Ommaney, Sherwood, Sinnamon Park, St Lucia, Taringa and Toowong
- small extra travel fee outside the above suburbs – please call or email for a quote
- 20% surcharge applies on weekends and public holidays
To book a home visit, please enquire here: