If you need a reliable dog walker/pet sitter to look after your pet(s) while you’re away
Leaving pets in their own environment with someone regularly visiting can be less stressful for them and it saves time for pet parents as most boarding kennels are located on the outskirts of the Sydney Metropolitan area.
Who is it for?
For pet owners who work long hours a day and need someone to take care of their pets during the day or if they are away for a few days and don’t want to take their pets to a boarding kennel.
What is included?
- visiting your pet once or twice a day in your home
- individual attention – no group walks
- feeding and changing water, cleaning up after pets
- dog walking or playing fetch at home, cuddling with the cat, rabbit, guinea pig (if they like it) – the service is customised to individual needs
- other ad hoc duties such as collecting mail or watering plants
- no additional fee for dog walking
- training can be added the to the visit (additional fee applies)
What is the difference?
There are an abundance of dog minders in Sydney who operate with no formal qualifications, relevant experience or business insurance. I have extensive experience caring for all sorts of companion animals, received pet first aid training and have both public liability and professional indemnity insurance. For more mental and physical stimulation for your furry friend, I could also combine pet minding with training sessions to offer more benefits for you and your pet while you are away.
How much does it cost?
- $40/30 min, $50/45 min or $60/1 hour home visit including walk, playtime, attention, exercise and mental stimulation – whatever makes your beloved pet happy
- free home visits in the following council areas: Burwood, Canada Bay, Cumberland, Hunters Hill, Parramatta, Ryde and Strathfield
- small extra travel fee outside the above council areas – please call or email for a quote
- $70 for 2 X 30 minute home visit (including a 15 minute walk each time) – available only in the following suburbs: Carlingford, Concord West, Denistone (also East and West), Dundas Valley, Eastwood, Ermington, Liberty Grove, Meadowbank, Newington, Oatlands, Parramatta, Putney, Rhodes, Rydalmere, Ryde, Silverwater, Wentworth Point, West Ryde
- 20% surcharge applies on Sundays and public holidays